Sunday, September 21, 2008

Celebrate Family Day on Monday, September 22, 2008!

Become a Family Day STAR!
I commit to:
S- Spend time with my kids by having dinner together
T- Talk to them about their friends, interests and the dangers of drugs and alcohol
A- Answer their questions and listen to what they say
R- Recognize that I have the power to help keep my kids substance free!

If I could wave a magic wand to make a dent in our nation's substance abuse problem, I would make sure that every child in America had dinner with his or her parents at least five times a week.”
Joseph A. Califano, Jr.

President Bush proclaims Family Day for the 8th consecutive year.
Click here to read the proclamation.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hey Nick this is Rachael, Davids wife. I just got your note on our blog. We are hoping you are still here in DC. We actually live in Dumfries, VA but DC is not far from us. David can't call you because he doesn't know your phone number. Email him at courierdavidlee@yahoo.com with your number.