Sunday, September 20, 2009

911 where's your Emergency?


So a few weeks ago a bunch of Juvenal's hacked off the boat docks at Beaver Dick Park and floated it down the river 3 miles. The Work Crew had to rescue the boat docks. So Our little adventure started 9 in the morning Wednesday Sept 9, 2009. So here I am riding a horse named "Angle" this was my first time ever riding so believe me I was pretty nerves riding.. The horse was very good and I never got bucked off!!

It took most of the day walking the river trying to find the boat docks.




The guys got go swimming for the docks they love it!!






So here is the part about the whole boat docks. the crew and I could not tow the dock up river so we thought it would be best to float it down river to another boat ramp. Here's is a little taste of the trip.. we seen the Tetons and a moose and someones name carved in the rock..












The Workers had a lot of fun... paddle the docks down trying not to hit logs and broken trees.. pushing the docks out of the low parts of the river.









We were doing a quick run in paddling before the North and South Fork of the snake river meet up!!
I'm the Caption of the Dock!! Do what I say!!
Well here is were the 911 Where's your emergency comes in... When the two river meet were had our life vest on and were paddling like crazy... we had passed a few fly fisher men floating the boat down... we seen one of them on his cell phone... We talk about him calling the cops on us!!!
Well we got to the boat ramp safe and sound. When we strapped down the docks, Jefferson County Sheriff Deputy was waiting for us!! The guy we seen on cell phone did in fact called it in. The call came in like this.. "911 Where's your emergency? Fisherman "Yes I'm fishing the South Fork river about about a mile from the Menan Boat ramp and there's a bunch of Juveniles floating a boat docks down the river and theirs no adults" 911: How many kids do you see? Fisherman: "7" 4 of them are wearing orange shirts, the other 3 are gray and blue, can they float a boat ramp down the river?" 911: "No" I'll send an officer down to the river to meet them.
I Laugh so hard when the Deputy told me what dispatch told him. The Fisherman came up to me and said" I thought I had seen it all." He was very glad it wasn't a bunch of juveniles floating the boat dock down the river and that we are rescuing them and taking them back to Beaver Dick Park.

1 comment:

Alynda said...

What a GREAT story. I hadn't thought of you as a teenager - see how young you look from a distance? I guess he didn't see your gun!